2009 Nat'l Conference Call for Volunteers
From: Kristin Wells (cbuilderddgmail.com)
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 15:59:36 -0800 (PST)
With the 2009 National Cohousing Conference less than 6 months away, the
work to make it happen is starting to ramp up.

I am working with the conference team as the volunteer coordinator and we
are in need of volunteers! There are numerous tasks available.

*If you are interested in volunteering, please send me the following:*
Name:
Community (if you belong to one):
Email:
Phone:
Location (what city/state are you from?):
Interests: (i.e. graphics, people, etc)
Are you willing to help prior to the conference, and/or at the conference?

In addition, there are three particular tasks which we need volunteers for
ASAP.

*1. PR Coordinator:*

We will be selecting the PR consultant this week and would like our
volunteer to be involved with the preliminary discussions with them.

The PR coordinator would help us brainstorm the types of news outlets we
would target as well as brainstorm possible storylines/potential individuals
currently living in cohousing for possible interview.

They will also serve as the press contact at the conference.

They will be working closely with Grace Kim (conference chair) and the PR
consultant.

*2. Summit Leader*

We're also looking for someone to lead the planning and organization of the
Summit - Grace would work closely with them, but would rely on this person
to do the lionshare of the work (which she really doesn't think will be too
much coordination – she has a lot of it in her head, so it's a matter of
someone working out logisitics and following through.)

The Summit is an invite only event – only about 40 individuals have been
invited and we anticipated/hope for 20-25.

There is a loose schedule that has been sent out as a preliminary draft to
the invitees.

All sessions will be in large group (with possibility of 1-2 breakouts).

Someone with good facilitation skills might be helpful for the actual event
as they could help facilitate the actual sessions.

We can recruit a handful of others to help with the planning and prep.
*3. Auction Volunteers**
*

On Saturday night we will be having an auction. We need to start on
procurement soon so we can get all of the items donated by May. We need 4-5
people to make phone calls and requests.

We will also need people in the weeks leading up to and on the day of the
auction to help with that piece specifically.  If we could have about 10
volunteers for the night of and 4-5 for the weeks leading up to it, that
would be great.

You will be working/coordinating with Karly Leyde.

*Please let me know if you are interested in any of the 3 tasks listed above
and I will connect you with Grace or Karly.

Thanks!*

--
Kristin Wells
Daybreak Cohousing, LLC