Common House Restrictions
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 20:59:42 -0700 (PDT)
From time to time since we moved in, we have had pre-teens and teens who could not be trusted to follow their parents rules and restrictions about watching television, using the computer to play computer games, taking food from the refrigerator, etc., in the common house. Often while they are truant from school.

In some cases the problem is temporary and resolves itself in a few weeks; other times it goes on for months, and years.

Do other communities have these problems? What do you do about it?

Feel free to share with me off-line if you can't post online without revealing identities, but I'm sure everyone would like to hear as much as they can about the experiences others are having.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC