Cohousing 101: Building Joyous, Sustainable Community
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 05:58:42 -0800 (PST)
Hello all --

Here in Virginia, we are helping organize Falls Church Cohousing in, of course, Falls Church, VA. This is a sweet, sweet, little city of just over 11,000 people tucked just minutes away from downtown DC by metro. The site is on a tree lined street just four blocks from a huge year 'round Farmer's Market. Couldn't be lovelier! I wish you could see it!!

Now, we're having a workshop to help the active Falls Church members understand how all the pieces come together in a cohousing project. It's coming up fast. Nov. 14, 2009, Noon to 3:00 p.m. at the Falls Church Community Center in Falls Church, VA.

We think people outside of *our* project might be interested in learning this process so we're opening it up to anyone who has some knowledge of cohousing however basic it is.

We're exploring these two questions:

WHAT DO WE WANT TO CREATE THAT WOULD MAKE A DIFFERENCE?

and

WHAT IS IT THAT WE CAN CREATE TOGETHER THAT WE CANNOT CREATE ALONE?

In our cohousing development model the nuts n' bolts of how cohousing is built flows from these two questions.

If you are interested in attending this workshop you can contact me directly via email or phone (see number in signature block below) or sign up via our Meet Up site at:

http://www.meetup.com/Washington-DC-Area-Cohousing/calendar/11752

There are also two fabulous brochures stored in the FILES section of the Meet Up. I urge you to take a look because they are REALLY REALLY cool. Would you be willing to pass along these flyers to folks you think might be interested in this workshop? There are two flyers: one for handing out and one for pinning up on bulletin boards. (Please "clip" the tabs on the latter one so they tear off easily.

If you like ... I can send these flyers to you directly if you email me off list.

And ... it never stops! ... there's also a Newcomer's Orientation preceding the workshop for people very, very new to cohousing. Anyone can attend this orientation. You don't even have to go to the workshop afterwards. You just have to be interested in learning about cohousing. Something for everyone!

I appreciate anything you can do to let people know about this workshop and the Falls Church Cohousing project. You, who are out there living and/or working in cohousing, know people who know people who know people.

Please let me know that you were able to forward this info.

I'm always inspired by the willingness of people on this list to help each other. I thank you in advance for helping US!

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington, DC