cohousing in seattle
From: Grace Kim (graceschemataworkshop.com)
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 23:12:10 -0700 (PDT)
I am hosting an informational session in Seattle in a couple of weeks
and invite anyone in the area to attend.  (And if you're not in the area
but have friends who are, please forward this on to them).

This is a general overview for those new to the concept as well as an
opportunity for those who are interested in meeting others in search of
community to find one another.

There will be a slide presentation (with lots of photos of built
communities in North America and Denmark) as well as a substantial Q&A
period and chance to informally network.

Where:

First United Methodist Church (Fellowship Hall)

180 Denny Way, Seattle, WA

When: Sunday, April 18, 2010 12:30-2:30pm

More info and RSVP at www.cohousing0310.eventbrite.com
<http://www.cohousing0310.eventbrite.com/>

On a related subject:

This past Fall I hosted a similar event, attended by over 60 people.  As
a result of that event, an Urban Seattle Cohousing group has formed
(about 20 interested people).  We are having monthly potlucks - our 3rd
was last Sunday.  Mike and I have a site and will be leading the
design/development effort with input from future members.  It has been a
long time since a cohousing community was built in Seattle proper, and
our model is REALLY urban, so its receiving a lot of local interest.
Here are two recent blog postings:

http://blog.capitolhillseattle.com/2010/04/01/urban-cohousing-project-pl
anned-near-cal-anderson

http://www.publicola.net/2010/03/18/cohousing-trend-hits-seattle/

grace h kim aia, architect & cofounder

schemata workshop | empowering communities through architecture

1720 12th ave #3  seattle wa 98122  v 206 285 1589

www.schemataworkshop.com <http://www.schemataworkshop.com>

Recipient of 2009 City of Seattle Mayor's Small Business Award