Re: Advice Needed: Repainting the community after 12 years in residence
From: Jim Snyder-Grant (jim.snyder.grantgmail.com)
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 13:32:59 -0700 (PDT)
New View (Acton MA) has recently finished another round of painting on
our 24 units (17 buildings), after moving in during 1995 to 1996. Each
households was responsible for picking their own colors. Duplex owners
had to agree with each other. Folks were charged a fee if the color
was one that our painter decided needed an extra coat, otherwise, it
all came out of a painting fund that some of our condo fees had been
going in to for a few years.  Most stayed with the same color or minor
variants, and a few struck out in bold new directions. Folks needed to
get the agreement of their immediate neighbors, but there were no
hassles. One person broke the "all trim shall be white' agreement we
had when we moved in, but that was fine.

I agree with the notion that as the years go by we are seemingly more
a village, and less some centrally-planned condo, with all the pros &
cons that entails. One of the pros, is in my opinion, is no hassles on
paint colors, and a more interesting variety of colors.

-Jim

Jim Snyder-Grant
18 Half Moon Hill
Acton MA 01720