Re: Policy Database
From: Craig Ragland (craigraglandgmail.com)
Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 06:12:04 -0700 (PDT)
This issue is typically addressed by "Version Control."

On of the better examples of Version Control is in the MediaWiki platform,
which is used for Wikipedia and the Intentional Communities wiki, etc. Each
edit is preserved and allows the editor to indicate whether or not a change
is a major and to make a comment about the revision.

Here's a link to the Cohousing section of the Intentional Communities wiki:

http://wiki.ic.org/wiki/Cohousing

I first built out this body of content in 2007, drawing heavily (with
permission and attribution) from Rob Sandelin's work. This work has now been
accessed over 17,000 times.

You can look at the revision history with the "History" tab, or by clicking
here:

http://wiki.ic.org/index.php?title=Cohousing&action=history

Until we see more policy documents created within online collaborative
tools, such as MediaWiki or Google Documents (which also has versioning),
we'll probably need to rely on documentation specifically provided by
whomever publishes the document.

Craig

P.S. Here's a link to the Cohousing section of the Intentional Communities
wiki. Its had many v