WANT MORE POSITIVE MUNICIPAL REFERENCES AS TO BENEFITS OF COHOUSING TO THEIR COMMUNITIES AND COPIES OF ACTUAL ZONING ORDINANCES THAT ALLOWED COHOUSING/ECOVILLAGES TO BE CONSTRUCTED WITHIN A TOWNSHIP!
From: Sally Thompson (cohousinggroupsverizon.net)
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 11:45:28 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks to two kind members of the List-Serve, I did receive one draft of
proposed zoning ordinance wording that would allow cohousing/ecovillages to be
built in a Township having no appropriate zoning wording otherwise AND just
what I asked for, copies of letters in support of having a Cohousing Community
come to a Township very unfamiliar with the concept.  COULD I PLEASE HAVE
MORE???!!!   I think they will be invaluable in our efforts to get local
approval, and we would be SO grateful!.

As I said, Cohousing is a very new and strange concept to the municipality in
SE Pennsylvania where we hope to gain zoning approval for a Planned Residential
Development.  We think that if we could receive a few letters from the
Municipal bodies that approved a Coho Community previously and found it to be a
real asset to the municipality once built, it might reassure reluctant
politicians here that we are not going to be a hippy commune that will bring
down property values!  If you could provide me with the name and e-mail address
of the Manager, President, etc. of the Municipality that has welcomed you
warmly that might not mind reassuring our municipality that they have nothing
to fear and everything to gain by creating appropriate zoning modifications to
allow us to exist, along with a copy of their actual zoning modification, we
would be so grateful!

And if you know of any nice persons interested in Cohousing very near to
Philadelphia, send them our way too!  We are ready to build our membership now
and soon our community!

Sally Thompson
Harmony Green Village
South of Swarthmore