Re: Map of Cohousing Communities
From: al (alblogmail.cc)
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 02:57:57 -0700 (PDT)
On 16/08/10 22:37, Fred H Olson wrote:

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 01:07:40PM -0400, Ann Zabaldo wrote:

Hello all --

Once upon a time ...

Somewhere ... I remember seeing a map of the US w/ all the cohousing

Adi replied:

Maybe this Google Map?
  http://bit.ly/cohousing-community-map

The map Adi refers to (also accessible via http://tinyurl.com/cohomap )
based on Google maps was started in 2007 but effort on it sort of
stalled after a while.  An analysis I did a while ago that I think is
still largely correct (due to the stall) showed about 70 built or
sited communities missing from the map.

Do you know if there's a simlar map for Europe?

Thanks.

--- Newer map ---

There is now an automated map also based on Google maps associated
with the cohousing directory at http://www.cohousing.org
( directly at http://www.cohousing.org/directory ).
See the link at the top of the directory page to the first map.

It maps communites at two levels
1) on a US map one pin per state or region
2) Zoomed in to a state or region for one pin per community.
The latter do not attempt to map exact location.

Tho the automated approach has the disadvantage that it is not hand
tweaked , it is much easier to maintain and keep complete and up to
date.

Fred