Re: "Cohousing Overlay" as Zoning Regulation
From: Richart Keller (richart.kellergmail.com)
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 10:58:15 -0800 (PST)
Seems to me that 20' is much too wide though the curves should accommodate
reasonably anticipated emergency vehicles. (E.g. unless you have a high rise
development, designing for a full size hook and ladder truck sounds a bit
excessive...).  Strategically-placed, hard surface pulloffs could be used to
avoid the problem of temporarily parked vehicles blocking the road/walkway.
The fire chief is not always the best source of advice on road
configuration...  I would suggest working with the town planner.

Rick

Richart Keller, AICP
Pioneer Valley Cohousing
120 Pulpit Hill Road #25