Re: Bad tenant alert
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 10:23:31 -0700 (PDT)
Holly -- we tried to check her employment references which she gave and we
confirmed she worked at the place she said BUTTTTTTTT -- I remember this like
yesterday -- she worked in a highly classified and secure building and there
was no way to access her or her employer.

She avoided being served court papers in this way.  We were unable to reach her
to serve her because of the secure nature of her workplace.   Finally, the
lawyer was clever.  He sent her at her place of employment a beautiful pkg  she
had to sign for -- inside the box were the eviction and court papers along w/
some other items that rattled around to disguise the possible contents.
Building security called her to tell her she had a package to sign for, she
came out, signed the receipt ... and that's how we finally got her to court.

Life is certainly interesting ...  :-)

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing