Bad Renters and Bad Owners
From: Zev Paiss (zpaisscomcast.net)
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 15:02:14 -0700 (PDT)
Friends,

I have listened with great interest the conversation regarding bad renters in cohousing. I would also like to add that once in a while a "Bad Owner" comes along and we should offer the same warning for other cohousing communities.

Several years ago our small community experience the "Neighbor from Hell" and it would have been very helpful if the residents of the first cohousing community this person lived in, had given us a heads up. Fair housing laws must be followed but there is nothing stopping us from discriminating against people who are dishonest, hurtful and deceptive.

Zev Paiss
Boulder, Colorado