Re: conservation easement
From: Liz Ryan Cole (lizryancolemac.com)
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 05:38:44 -0700 (PDT)
In New Hampshire we may be using something called "lot size averaging", which
allows for clustered and slightly more intensive building in exchange for
putting other land into open space protection (protected through a restriction
through a zoning easement or a permanent conservation easement granted to a
conservation organization approved by the Planning Board or to the Town of Lyme)

We have 120 acres and will build 16 homes to begin, with (in the longer term)
another 8 at full price and 4 as "affordable" .

The tax benefit may be that our assessed value (for property taxes, which are
high in NH as we have no income tax) might be reduced.

liz

Liz Ryan Cole
lizryancole [at] mac.com
Pinnacle CoHousing at Loch Lyme Lodge