Re: conservation easement
From: Audrey Watson (audreygalisteo.com)
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 09:19:16 -0700 (PDT)
At Winslow cohousing in Bainbridge Island, we put 1 acre of woods (we have 5 acres) into a conservation easement with the Bainbridge Island Land Trust. They have all the legal stuff all set up. We had to pay a fee/donation? to the land trust . We do get a property tax adjustment for having it in the land trust. and since the land was zoned commercial/multi-family that helps. http://www.bi-landtrust.org/ It was a long community process to make the decision, as it permanently takes away other options for what we could have done with the land.
==audrey
winslow cohousing
bainbridge island, wa