Re: Earthquakes, Hurricanes and Cohousing
From: Liz Ryan Cole (lizryancolemac.com)
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 08:03:43 -0700 (PDT)
On Aug 29, 2011, at 10:53 AM, Elizabeth Magill wrote:

> This isn't a cohousing story, but I have heard that the covered bridge I
> spent a weekend painting at Quechee Gorge in Vermont is completely gone,
> washed away in the flooding. Very sad.

It's true, the covered bridge in Quechee (not Gorge) by Simon Pierce is gone -
you can see footage on YouTube. Mostly it's water damage here in Vermont - not
too much wind.  More damage in the western part of the state and on the NY side
of Lake Champlain.  A number of bridges were washed away and some houses too.

I am sure they'll rebuild the bridge so come back and paint it again one day.
:)   liz

Liz Ryan Cole
lizryancole [at] mac.com
Pinnacle @ Loch Lyme Lodge