Re: Earthquakes, Hurricanes and Cohousing
From: Richard Pendleton (111rmpgmail.com)
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 06:36:47 -0700 (PDT)
At Nubanusit Neighborhood & Farm in Peterborough, NH the storm turned out to
be relatively mild.

We had a planning meeting after our community supper on the Thursday before
the storm.  We dispersed the work, bringing in loose objects, helping
neighbors who were either away or could not lift things.  We brought one of
our chicken flocks in as well as the pigs.  Made sure the horses would be
safe.  We harvested from our CSA farm a day early so on the day of the storm
we did a lot of cooking and generally hanging out, checking in with each
other, observing the river, checking drains and animals and splashing in
puddles.  We had our regular Sunday potluck.

After the storm the kids had a lot of fun cleaning up partially knocked over
sunflowers using various carts and pedal toys.  Someone noticed a hanging
limb over the Common House path and taped off the path until and another
neighbor was able to clear it away.  The pigs taught us that they are very
happy to return to their field on their own and don't need our help thank
you very much! (they broke out of their mobile fence enclosure as we started
to move them back and basically headed straight for their outdoor quarters).

Richard
Nubanusit Neighborhood & Farm Cohousing
www.peterboroughcohousing.org

Click for an original music video done by one of our Nubi teens ->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h0ZHpsv6oA