EcoVillage at Ithaca - 20 Day History Series on cohousingblog.com!
From: Rebecca Disbrow (rebecca.disbrowgmail.com)
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 12:55:59 -0700 (PDT)
Hi All,

I have finally added myself to this mailing list and can't wait for all the
fun clutter it will bring to my inbox!  As some of you know, I work with Ann
Zabaldo of the Cohousing Collaborative, maintaining the blog:
www.cohousingblog.com.  In addition to posting *events* and *available units
*, we also cover relevant *news*, collect cohousing *stories*, dig up
cohousing *research*, and do some fun *special reports*.

Currently we are 4 days into one such report:  A 20 day series featuring the
EcoVillage at Ithaca:

In celebration of the EcoVillage at Ithaca’s 20 year anniversary, we are
> hosting a 20 day series, each day highlighting one aspect of the community’s
> colorful history.  Today's post is a personal story from a resident of EVI
> about her first birthday in the community.  Check back for more stories,
> useful development documents, and inspiration for your own community!  At
> the end of the 20 days, EVI is throwing all the readers of this blog a big
> party!  (*Just kidding, they’re throwing it for themselves, but you're
> invited!*)  Check out their 20 Year Anniversary
> Event<http://cohousingworks.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/evi_anniversary_poster_f1.pdf>
>  on
> Saturday, September 17th.  Click the link to open their event flyer.

I hope you enjoy the series <http://www.cohousingblog.com> and consider
attending EVI's anniversary event if you're in their area.  In addition,
feel free to contact me if you would like us to include anything from your
community on the blog.  It's been a great center for cohousing conversation
and activity!

(Also, our facebook-like cohousing networking site, www.cohousingworks.com,
is hosting some of the bigger articles and publications.  If you haven't
signed up yet for that, I encourage you to do so!)

Best to you all!  Sincerely,

--
Rebecca Disbrow

*
Master of City Planning '13
*
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Environmental Psychology and Community Development

www.cohousingblog.com <http://www.environpsych.wordpress.com>

*"It's only possible to live happily ever after on a day-to-day basis"
-Margaret Bonnano*