Familiarity with Cohousing
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 18:18:06 -0800 (PST)
A sign of the times? We are getting more and more renters and potential buyers
who are very familiar with cohousing. We've often gotten people who read about
it somewhere or knew the word but we are now getting people who ask very
specific questions about policies, meals, etc. specific to cohousing. Some have
relatives living in cohousing in other states and have specifically looked for
a cohousing community when moving here.

Our transit numbers are not huge — we aren't talking 100 people — but in 7
recent renting and sale of units (one still in hoping) all were to people who
were very knowledgeable about cohousing, and not through connections with one
of our residents. They came from as far away as Canada, Long Island, Oregon,
and New Mexico. (Washington has lots of professionals moving in and out from
other states for fellowships and various government agency jobs.)

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC