Re: Rental policies?
From: R Philip Dowds (rpdowdscomcast.net)
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 11:19:39 -0800 (PST)
I don't know, this all sounds pretty hopeless to me.  It reminds of historic
controversies in my area, like the one where Cambridge tried to limit the
number of unrelated adults living in a rental unit.  Or where Boston tried to
force its firemen and policeman to live in Boston.  Or where the opposition
tried to disqualify a political candidate because he did not "live" in the
district he represented.  (The candidate counter-argued that where he "lives"
is not necessarily defined by where he "sleeps".)

All these efforts collapsed.  Point is, it's very hard to know or prove who
lives where with whom, and under what conditions.  And it's very hard to
regulate or enforce living arrangements.

And, except for sound reasons of health and safety, we probably should not want
to.

RPD