Re: Mission statements
From: Moz (listmoz.geek.nz)
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 17:29:06 -0800 (PST)
> I can't speak for any any other cohousing, but I am kind of intuiting that
> this level of focus and specificity will not work for my community,
> Cornerstone in Cambridge, MA.  I am wondering if "Identity Statement"
> isn't more appropriate:  Who we are, and whom we aspire to be.

Someone said to me over the weekend that missions and values are usually
quite general and thus open to interpretation, what counts is the detailed
description of how they will be applied.

One example was that (in that particular situation) we probably all agreed
that we should be environmentally friendly. We did. Then he said, so
obviously the group will grow all its own food on site. That detailed
description was much more contentious than the generic "environmentally
friendly" one.

Moz