Standing exclusive-group dinners vs standing community-group dinners
From: OldSol (OldSolaol.com)
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 15:02:01 -0800 (PST)
For what it's worth, a few years ago some of our members had a vegan supper
 club in which the meal was prepared and served in a private house to the
limited  number of members.  The event was rotated so that each member had an
 opportunity to be host & cook.  It seemed to be successful but, for  some
reason, was discontinued.

John @ Milagro cohousing, Tucson

- We also host a vegan dinner that was started by community individuals
who converted to vegan eating and wanted to get together to share recipes and
sample dishes. This group meets once a month and is open to anyone who is
willing to bring a vegan potluck dish. It includes both community members
and  outsiders.

Although there have been people who only attend the small  group dinners in
general this hasn't had a major impact on the all-community  dinners which
are often over-crowded.

Mary Ann
at Manzanita Village  where community members are helping us become more
FireWise