Mix of unit size?
From: Christina Smillie (smillieccomcast.net)
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 05:17:52 -0700 (PDT)
Hi, I'm in a forming multigenerational community in Connecticut, planning about 33 units clustered on 30 acres, leaving plenty of land for farming, conservation, recreation.

I've been tasked with looking at how other communities decided mix of number and size of units, and how this has worked out for them (i.e, certain units hard to sell, others snapped up, wish there were more? Too many 1 bdrms mean not enough children, etc.? Too many multibedrms unsold? Some units too small or too large?)

We don't need to reinvent the wheel if such info is available somewhere, so first of all just looking for resources. Although if here is a list, we might want to query how it's worked out, and whether any one person's opinion can speak for their community anyway.

If there is no such document, perhaps the random folks on this email list could describe
#1 How your community made this decision
#2 For your community what is the mix of size units, by square footage, #bedrooms, and # baths.
#3. Briefly, how is this working for your community?
Thanks
Tina Smillie, Green Haven, New Haven CT