Re: Mix of unit size?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 15:05:09 -0700 (PDT)
On 31 Mar 2012, at 5:48 PM, Ellen Keyne Seebacher wrote:

> Now that all our market-rate homes (except for two resales) are spoken
> for, we're trying to figure out how to sell our remaining income-limited
> homes:  the state guidelines are set in such a way that sometimes
> a household which can qualify for a mortgage can't meet the income
> limit, and vice versa!

A planned but never built community in Florida had the same problem. The state
wouldn't pre-qualify households so their only recourse was to participate in
the group not knowing if they could ever purchase.

A further complication was that the applicants didn't understand that it wasn't
the developing group's problem — it was state regulations. It caused a lot of
suspicion and upset. I'm surprised anyone has been able to cope with the
government regulations.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines