CC & R interpretation and compliance?
From: Cathy Snow (cathysnowcomcast.net)
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 13:59:47 -0700 (PDT)
We are beginning to deal with some challenging issues here at Highline
Crossing Cohousing, and would love to tap into the 'voice of experience' any
of you may have in dealing with similar issues. We are exploring how to
respond to situations where, due to declining health or other circumstances,
some of our homeowners may not be living in ways that are safe, healthy or
protective of property values.

Our CC & R's include a vague reference to keeping ones home in good repair
and in a neat and clean condition, but who determines what that means?  How
do we balance the desire to respect different situations and personal
preferences, while still ensuring the safety of individuals and protection
of the overall property?    Situations that could fall into this vague zone
can range from the dangers associated with someone's developing dementia  to
hoarding to non-functioning smoke detectors to unkempt backyards!

One idea we had was to have our buildings team due an annual inspection -
inside and out - of the units to ensure smoke detectors are installed and
working, no foundational issues are occurring, and that no other safety /
health /cleanliness/ maintenance issues exist.. But we would be very
interested in hearing from any of you who have had to deal with similar
situations.  Or any of you who simply have ideas to share!

Thanks in advance,

Cathy Snow

Highline Crossing Cohousing

Cathy Snow

 <mailto:cathysnow [at] comcast.net> cathysnow [at] comcast.net