Re: Urban cohousing communities -- do you compost?
From: Jerry McIntire (jerry.mcintiregmail.com)
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 20:57:36 -0800 (PST)
I haven't used the Bokashi system, but we use large bins outside with
cattle panels as the open, metal mesh sides. We don't turn our compost at
all. They key is to layer in plenty of brown, dry material with any kitchen
scraps and green material. We use sawdust and dry leaves. The ratio should
be at least 3:1 brown:green. We fill up a bin, then let it sit while we
fill the other bin. This usually means it sits for nearly a year. while we
fill a bin several times during the year, it is continually "cooking" down.

Jerry
stonesthrowcommunity.wordpress.com