Re: Moving, affordability, outreach
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 08:48:56 -0700 (PDT)
On Aug 8, 2013, at 11:09 AM, Diana Carroll <dianaecarroll [at] gmail.com> wrote:

> Also make  yourself really really easy to find.  Make sure you are the very
> first Google hit for "cohousing your-state".  Make sure you have a website
> with current information, and an easy way to contact you.

Exactly right. Websites are the new business card. Think about what you would
put on a business card -- name, complete address, phone number, email address,
web address, and field of interest/business. Websites are very easy to put up
these days. My granddaughters are learning how to do this in elementary
school!!!!

A repeated question to new communities posting on this list has been "What
state are you in?" It's almost a running joke that communities think everyone
knows Main Street is in Springfield and what state Springfield is in.

I once visited a cohousing site and could not figure out what _continent_ it
was on. There was a picture of a field with mountains in the background. It
could have been any one of three continents that I was familiar with and I'm
totally not a world traveller. It turned out to be in Australia.

And list yourself on the Cohousing.org site as "forming" right away.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines, Washington DC
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have
any..." Alice Walker