Re: MANUFACTURED HOUSING
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 07:44:29 -0700 (PDT)
On Sep 27, 2013, at 12:34 AM, Katie Henry <katie-henry [at] att.net> wrote:

> If I were looking to build affordable cohousing, I'd buy an old motor court
> motel and turn it into condos. [snip] They're often configured just like
> cohousing communities, in a U shape, maybe with a pool in the courtyard, and
> the lobby (common house) at the base.

Or... I recently visited a friend whose boat was docked in Annapolis. All the
boats at dock also have access to a big building with a lounge, showers, a
pool, etc. You think they would get enough water but they like the pool. Rent
is $400 a month and that includes electricity and "waste management."

We could build a series of houseboat communities to create floating, rotating
cohousing.

I'd forgotten the name "motor court." It brings back memories of sunny days,
little flower gardens, and pink plastic flamingos.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines, Washington DC
"Giving back is the best marketing" Scott Harrison, Charity Water