Creating Cohousing
From: MJWB (mjwyoginiyahoo.com)
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 02:48:47 -0700 (PDT)
Hello Everyone,

      We have moved into a 4 unit property, where we want to create Cohousing,
or a Cooperative.
If someone could please either point me in the right direction or give
suggestions, I would appreciate it.

      What is the real difference between a Cooperative and Cohousing? Is there
a way for everyone who lives
at the property to all be on the mortgage and what happens with the deed? One
family owns the property now, and has for about 10 years or so,
but wants us all to be able to own our units and the common areas. They are
planning on refinancing, and also want to build a small common
house over a workshop/garage. Does anyone have any ideas about how to go about
this? We have just moved here so perhaps
I could read "Creating Cohousing" again, if it has the answer. I'm wondering if
a Cooperative might be better, but I don't know enough
about it.

    Thank you in advance for any and all help. Take care,

Marsha