Re: Communities with a low-cost/affordability focus?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 10:56:28 -0700 (PDT)
On Aug 27, 2014, at 11:34 AM, Dane Laverty <danelaverty [at] gmail.com> wrote:

>  When I'd initially asked about
> low-cost cohousing, I'd expected that it would be happening in more remote,
> rural settings where land is cheaper, but maybe that's counterbalanced by
> the higher costs of building out services and infrastructure.

Infrastructure is a problem. And you would be adopting a car dependent
lifestyle.

Many low income households wouldn't be able to afford a car and for commuting,
car sharing is often not possible. All medical, shopping, etc., services would
probably require a car. And there is no public transportation. It can be an
expensive lifestyle unless you work at home. Even then you still need access to
a car for things other than commuting.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines