Re: Communities with a low-cost/affordability focus?
From: Dane Laverty (danelavertygmail.com)
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 16:39:48 -0700 (PDT)
Yeah, I want to find a low-cost housing solution that relies on intrinsic
cost reduction rather than other people's generosity.

I like the idea of getting a tiny house (<400 sq. ft.) and living simply
and cheaply. However, a lot of home ownership costs are due to permitting,
land, taxes, and infrastructure development. This means that reducing
construction costs only has a small impact on the overall cost of home
ownership.

I hope these aren't intractable problems. In searching for "tiny house
cohousing" I found the Napoleon Complex
<http://www.treehugger.com/green-architecture/napoleon-complex-community-tiny-house-movement.html>.
This is a project that is using RV park zoning laws to create a low-cost
cohousing community. I don't see any recent updates on the project, so I'm
not sure if it's still active.

Dane