Re: Retrofit Cohousing Panel for National Conference in NC
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2014 06:29:07 -0800 (PST)
On Nov 8, 2014, at 11:23 PM, abigail weinberg via Cohousing-L <cohousing-l [at]
cohousing.org> wrote:

> There is more to the story, but hopefully you get the idea. I am curious to
> know whether this is as novel a way of doing cohousing as I think it is, or
> if other communities got built this way.

There is more detail that Ann Zabaldo can give you but Takoma Village was
developed this way too. And I think Eastern Village. It means compromise with
the developer but honestly, the developer knows what is most cost effective. So
when developers say “sell beyond the cohousing market” they mean, at least in
part, what will sell. The price has to be within the general market price.

Sharon
——
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing