Two monthly fees: Homeowners (HOA) and CoHo Assn
From: Robert Tabak (rtabak50gmail.com)
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 16:46:11 -0800 (PST)
This is my first post. My wife and I  (are hopefully) part of the
under-development Wissahicon Village Cohousing (WVC) in the Mt Airy
neighborhood of Philadelphia.

I have a few questions:

1)  What are the reasons (legal. practical, or ideals) for two separate
fees?  Why not one combined fee?

2) Though fees can vary greatly, I am interested in anyone who is in an
urban apartment building-like setting (not townhouses).  What are your
actual fees?

3) For those with separate fees, are CoHo Assn fees truly voluntary? Can
one say, "I was just looking for a condo and don't care about this
Cohousing stuff?" and not pay anything?
Isn't that person still able to access and use common space, etc?

Thanks,

Bob Tabak