Re: Paying Teenagers
From: David Heimann (heimanntheworld.com)
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 07:42:33 -0800 (PST)

Hello All,

There's another aspect between paying teenagers (or anyone else) to do a task and having an adult (or anyone else) do it for free as a service. When one pays a teenager to do the task the interaction is over, with no explicit or implicit expectations beyond that. When an adult helps one out as a service, there's an expectation that at some point one will repay the favor, either back to the helper or forward to the community.

Regards,
David Heimann
Jamaica Plain Cohousing