Re: CoHo Condo Fees
From: Katie Henry (katie-henryatt.net)
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 19:46:39 -0700 (PDT)
Just for reference, below are the regular utility and building maintenance
contract line items from my previous community (as of 2008), all of which are
paid for from condo fees. This does not include repairs or supplies, such as
light bulbs or janitorial supplies. This is a large multi-family building with
lots of advanced building technology. Most cohos won't have anywhere near as
many building-related budget items. We knew nothing about any of this when we
moved in and our management company was useless. To say there was a learning
curve is an understatement.

The cost for all this is spread across 67 units, so the condo fees per unit are
pretty reasonable (or they were when I left in 2008).

Katie Henry

-----------------------

Electricity
Gas
Water and Sewer

Comcast (building-wide Internet)
HVAC/mechanical contract (geothermal, central hot water,
      numerous fans and pumps)

Elevator contract
Elevator inspection
Emergency phones (for elevators, alarm system, call boxes)
Pest control
Dryer vent cleaning
Call box/key fob service
Fire alarm system monitoring
Fire alarm system inspection and maintenance
Common house stove inspection and maintenance
Trash removal
Common laundry equipment lease
Insurance: Building package policy
Snow removal