Re: guidelines for use of common house
From: Elizabeth Magill (pastorlizmgmail.com)
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 06:27:17 -0700 (PDT)
Here is our policy for what you can reserve in our common house. (Hobby rooms
is code for guest rooms everywhere else.)
http://mosaic-commons.org/ch_reservations

For concerts we call them "house concerts" and ask for a donation and do not
provide alcohol. Details for how to do such things reasonably legally will be
found at your local coffee house association.

For our craft show, a member takes charge, reserves the space, and handles
whatever it is that happens with the outsider's tables.

For weddings of folk outside the community, members can offer our space if it
is what you would offer to that same person in your backyard or living room if
it would fit. But each member decides if that is true for the person.

Catya, don't we have a policy that is more about "rental" type usage. Maybe as
part of our professionals discussion? I couldn't find it on the web site.

**********OUR RESERVATIONS POLICY
Rooms
The following rooms may be reserved: Great Room, Dining Niche, Kitchen, Living
Room, Music Room, Multipurpose Room, Kid's room and Porch. (Hobby Rooms will be
handled separately)

Calendar System
We will use a public Google Calendar that can be viewed by members without
additional login on a mosaic-commons members web page. Users of Google Calendar
can also view it on Google Calendar.

People and teams can add events directly to the calendar. Event titles will
include the abbreviation for the room(s) in which they are held, the name of
the member sponsor, and whether the event is open. People are encouraged to
post information about their events in the common house as well, especially for
large events.

Common Meals & General Meetings
The Kitchen, Dining Niche, and Great Room are "taken" during all Common Meals
and General Meetings. People that wish to meet privately over dinner should
reserve the Living Room. The Kids Room may not be reserved during Common Meals
or General Meetings without community approval.

Types of Events
Events may be private or open to members and guests. They may or may not
require RSVP. This information should be clearly posted in the calendar listing.

You must check before reserving the Kitchen, if it's during a time when early
prep for a common meal might be happening. People reserving the Kitchen must
check in with a ServSafe-certified member before their event.

We are open to other cohousing groups using our space. This will be coordinated
by a member volunteer.

If you want to reserve most or all of the Common House, notify the community as
soon as possible, and allow at least a week for feedback and objections.

Responsibility
All events, run by a member or non-member, must have a member sponsor. That
sponsor will be responsible for insuring that kitchen, food, and other common
facilities policies are followed and that the space is cleaned appropriately
after the event, and will be available during the event for any questions or
problems. Spaces should be left in at least as good condition as they were
found in.

-Liz
Elizabeth M. Magill
www.mosaic-commons.org