Re: What is the Etiquette?
From: Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2015 12:26:03 -0700 (PDT)
Ann,  I think it is completely reasonable to tell people wishing a tour that it
simply isn't workable right when they want it. That may also help them realize
some of the back story about cohousing: it isn't Utopia, magic elves do not do
everything for you, and it's populated by real people who have everyday lives
and a community that also has its everyday life of meetings etc.

I tell people who inquire and then say they hope to visit in the future that I
prefer 2 weeks notice. Our web site also advises advance notice. And I still
get calls asking if someone can show them around today. "Oh, where are you?"
"On the front porch of the Common House" ! So sometimes we just have to be
realistic and say "Sorry, no, not now."

Maraiah Lynn Nadeau
RoseWind Cohousing
long built in Port Townsend WA
(where if it gets up to 80 we stay inside because it's too hot....)