Re: unexpected guests unscheduled tours was What is the Etiquette?
From: Diana Carroll (dianaecarrollgmail.com)
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2015 09:17:19 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 8:30 AM, Sharon Villines <sharon [at] sharonvillines.com>
wrote:

> Often our neighbors want more information but are not interested in
> visiting. They are partly curious but also want to satisfy their concerns
> about that weird place over there.

Ironically, I would be much more pleased and eager to tour a neighbor than
a random curiosity seeking visitor.  someone who lives nearby has a valid
interest in us, having friendly, open relationships with those who share
our larger community can only work in our favor!

Of course, this might be more applicable in a small suburban/exurban town
where we live than in a big city like DC, where your "neighbors" number in
the tens or hundreds of thousands instead of dozens or hundreds.

Diana
Mosaic Commons
Berlin, MA (pop approx 2500)