Fair Housing Law and Senior Cohousing
From: Jim Swenson (swensoniangmail.com)
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 14:30:55 -0700 (PDT)
To echo Sharon’s comments, In Oregon, which has very aggressive Fair Housing
enforcement, we were advised that if we wanted to be an over 55 community we
would have to declare our selves as such to avoid discriminating against
“families with children” protected class. The rules apply just as outlined in
Sharon’s post below.
Jim Swenson, PDX Commons
We have the following notice on our home web page:

PDX Commons is a designated 55+ community under the Housing for Older Persons
Act (HOPA) in accordance with CFR § 100.304.

Message: 11