Re: Guest Rooms - Holiday Demand Conflicts - Ideas for Fairness?
From: Mabel Liang (mabeltwomeeps.com)
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 08:59:01 -0700 (PDT)

Hi!

At Cornerstone (Cambridge, MA), our policy is:

4. Thanksgiving and Christmas-New Years holiday reservations: During the
week after Labor Day, the guest room coordinator will solicit requests
for reservations for the Thanksgiving and Christmas-New Years holidays.
Every effort will be made to accommodate requests. Households that have
not used their 11 days will be given priority. If there are multiple
requests for the same dates among households that have not used their 11
days, the coordinator will conduct a lottery. A household that has used
the guest room for a particular holiday will be ineligible for the next
year unless there are no other reservation requests.

--------

This mitigates the first-come first-served problem.

I don't know if the lottery has ever been used. Also, there are often
people who are away during the holidays who are willing to have folks
stay at their place.

-- Mabel :-)

mabel [at] twomeeps.com
Mabel Liang