Re: meeting minutes
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 11:40:13 -0700 (PDT)
The problem I have with a summary at the top of the minutes is that it can
easily be misleading. For example, one problem we have is that people think a
decision is one where you have a proposal and go through the process of
amending, etc. But decisions are far more common than that and often more
important.

A decision to buy a leaf-blower was a major issue for many but considered by
the people who bought it the same as replacing a broom. (The people who made
the decision had never heard one. I think it was used once to great objections.)

And if it isn’t included in the summary at the top, is it still a decision?

All of this obviously depends on how experienced the notetakers are. These are
team minutes and often the task falls to anyone with a pencil (or computer).

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC