Re: meeting minutes
From: Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 12:50:32 -0700 (PDT)
A couple more points:

I use a standard format for items about which we reached consensus.
*Agreed: That Robin and George will be authorized to purchase a propane
barbeque, for not more than $600, with funding coming from the Common House
furnishings budget.

This would be for items which have been through our consensus process, with
discussion, concerns, strategies to address concerns, and ultimately agreement.
Lesser de facto decisions often fall within the mandate of a committee, and
they simply get our input, or report to us what they have done or are planning
to do.

The *Agreed: ______ format is easily searched, and appears identically in the
up-top summary and in the body of the minutes where more detail is included re
background, discussion, etc.

ALSO before publishing the minutes (of the monthly business meeting, or of a
committee or  circle where I take notes) I run the draft by several who were in
attendance, typically including the facilitator (s) and presenter(s) of key
issues. Getting edits or corrections from them, first, has resulted in almost
no later corrections or amendments being brought forward.

Maraiah Lynn Nadeau
almost-forever Secretary of RoseWind Cohousing, Port Townsend WA