Re: Retreats for Cohousing Communities
From: Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2016 13:18:06 -0800 (PST)
RoseWind Cohousing, Port Townsend WA.
Back in the early 1990s, before most of us were living on site, we had annual
weekend retreats "away", like at a State Park, or church-camp-center type
place. It was a great way to experience cooking together, hikes or games, long
conversations, music, plus getting some needed planning work done, as we were
together from Friday afternoon through Sunday.

Since we have been built, and have a Common House, we have usually had some
sort of  annual workshop or training here. Usually one day. Like Enneagram,
Nonviolent Communication, Improv Theater Games or other trainings to add skills
or better understand each other. I miss the "away" ones, where we did both work
and play, and had fun, away from the distractions of home near by. (Though I
suppose now one would have to impose a tech moratorium to get the same lack of
distraction, with cell phones and all.)

Once we had a fun retreat here with a choice of activities, such as flower
arranging, play-structure building, 3D junk art collage, disassembling some
electronics and appliances. Mostly in sunny outdoor spaces, with a chance to
rotate through a couple of activities.

Retreat funding comes under Facilitation in the annual assessment budget.

Maraiah Lynn Nadeau
RoseWind
where it seems like we are getting our whole 17-inch annual rainfall this month