Re: Does your community charge a fee for listing a home on your web site?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2016 08:56:50 -0800 (PST)
>>> Does your community charge a fee for listing a home on the community's
>> web site?

No. It costs nothing to list them and the amount you make would be very small.

In general, I think a community can drive themselves crazy charging
fees—billing, collecting, banking, reporting. And when paying them, it feels
like dribble, dribble, dribble. We do ask for per night donations for the guest
rooms. Some use the guest rooms a lot and others never.

The minimum is probably higher now but the standard in business a few years ago
was that anything less than $25 wasn’t worth the trouble of billing and banking.

The only exception I’ve considered is paying for laundry machine use. About
11-15 households of 43 use the machines on a regular basis. 35 have their own
machines at home. The machines seem to need repair on a regular basis—3-4 times
a year for 2 dryers and 2 washers. Some of that service is for misuse of the
machines—usually too much detergent. Personally, I rather resent paying for
that service. People never seem to register the right amount to use.

Charging for laundry doesn’t require billing and banking — only having the
quarter things on the machine. Pay as you go.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC