Re: Does your community charge a fee for listing a home on your web site?
From: Kathryn McCamant (kmccamantcohousing-solutions.com)
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2016 09:00:37 -0800 (PST)
Why would you charge to list a community home on your community website?
Isn¹t it in the interest of the community to find good buyers, and those
that actually visit your website will learn more about the community than
if they don¹t.

I can¹t imagine charging for that.  That being said, I do like the idea
that if a community has a good and active resale committee (like Tacoma
Village and Pleasant Hill Cohousing have), and are actively building a
database of potential buyers and supporting people in selling their homes,
that the seller give back 1/2-1% to the community. That provides real
incentive and helps covers the cost of ongoing marketing efforts.

Katie
--
Kathryn McCamant, President
CoHousing Solutions

On 2/5/16, 7:19 AM, "Cohousing-L on behalf of Elizabeth Magill"
<cohousing-l-bounces+kmccamant=cohousing-solutions.com [at] cohousing.org on