Re: The Cohousing Life
From: Mary Baker, Solid Communications (marysolid-communications.com)
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2016 08:05:08 -0800 (PST)
Sharon, yes of course you can get email notifications. This technology is at
least 20 years newer than a listserv so it has all the same functionalities and
so much more.

* You can read a thread all at once
* Get instant, daily, or weekly notifications when a thread you have
participated in is updated
* “Like” or “LOL” a thread without disrupting the conversation
* See how many people have read or responded at a glance
* See who is online at any one time
* Search for topics and be able to read the whole thread without having to open
individual posts
* “Hot” topics are indicated by a red folder with flames bursting out the top
* Use emoticons (whee!)
* Send private messages (also with email notification).
* Attach charts or photos
* Conduct colorful bar-graph polls

Right now, there are 28 members, but guests may post as well. In March, I will
be conducting an international membership campaign, so the board will not be
strictly US-based.

Here’s how to set up your notifications:
https://www.proboards.com/user-guide/notifications

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Mary