Re: affordable cohousing
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 14:26:46 -0800 (PST)
> On Feb 22, 2016, at 12:53 PM, mira Danyel brisk <mirabepeace [at] gmail.com>
> wrote:

> I wonder how common the 'informal caste system' due to varied
> social-economic situations of the members is among communities?  Any
> others' can speak to that?

I suspect people who are interested in cohousing are neither interested in
being the noble poor or the flamboyantly wealthy. Neither is likely to throw it
around.

Affordable when the issue is continuous subsidies from the rest of the
community, still sound like a problem down the line. Being idealistic now is
not always workable later.

Affordability by reducing construction costs is different.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC