Re: Affordable Cohousing
From: Kathryn McCamant (kmccamantcohousing-solutions.com)
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 15:39:22 -0700 (PDT)
Coop or condo… legally you can limit your equity either way if you can get the
whole group to agree to limited equity without subsidies.  But as noted below,
coops has a lot less financing options (for construction or longterm mortgage
and share loans) largely just because the American banking industry has never
accepted coops, at least in most of the country. There is really no reason that
most cohousing could not be coops, except that its generally even harder to get
financing as a coop.

Katie
--
Kathryn McCamant, President
CoHousing Solutions

www.cohousing-solutions.com

On 8/20/16, 2:16 PM, "Cohousing-L on behalf of Susan Adams"
<cohousing-l-bounces+kmccamant=cohousing-solutions.com [at] cohousing.org on
behalf of sadams430 [at] gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks Kay.  That is still a problem, which is why we will be working with
Shared Capital Cooperative and/or The National Cooperative Bank.
Susan