Re: Car Charger Hazard
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 06:21:57 -0700 (PDT)
> On Aug 26, 2016, at 8:08 AM, Susan Dowds <sjdowds [at] comcast.net> wrote:
>
> At Cornerstone Cohousing in Cambridge MA we have a household that wants to
> buy an electric car, and mount a charging station on an exterior wall, near
> the  parking space.  An adjacent household has heard things about the risk of
> melt-down and fire of lithium ion batteries like those used in electric cars,
> and does not want the charger anywhere near their unit.  Have you encountered
> a similar situation, and if so, how did you handle it?

“Has heard things” isn’t a logical argument. It is a flag for further research.
If we all made decisions on the basis of I’ve heard things, we would either be
making awful decisions or none at all.

One of the easiest ways to start researching the concern is a Google Search.
Read the results, looking for studies and opinions by people who know the
technology. Consult forums on the topic.

Talk to the local installers and ask them about their experience. Does this
really happen? If so is it the result of poor installation?

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines, Washington DC
"Behavior is determined by the prevailing form of decision making." Gerard
Endenburg