Re: Car Charger Hazard
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 20:13:33 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all —

I Googled:  Electric car charging station fire hazards.  This is what I found:

https://www.google.com/?client=safari#q=fires+involving+electric+car+chargingi+stations

What do you think?

How much risk is too much risk?

Would we do away with washing machines, clothes dryers, etc. because they can
cause a fire?

The home is a dangerous place filled with all kinds of combustibles and lethal
materials but we probably wouldn’t do without too many of our labor saving
devices because they can cause a fire.  In fact we keep loading up the home
with ever new ones.

Are charging stations for cars posing more of a risk than any other electrical
device in a home?  Or is it because they are a new animal at the watering hole?

I don’t know they answer to this … I’m just asking … :-)

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington, DC
Principal, Cohousing Collaborative, LLC
Falls Church, VA
202.546.4654

My password is the last 5 digits of Pi …