Re: New diversity statement
From: Fred-List manager (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 04:34:58 -0700 (PDT)
Eris Weaver <eris [at] erisweaver.info>
after restoring subject line and reformatting a bit.

Digest subscribers, please delete most of quoted digest AND

Sharon wrote:

> One of the problems with cohousing is that it is a minority
>population. When recruiting people who are already a minority, you are
>trying to find people who are not sensitive about becoming a double
>minority.

Yes, and let me tell you, sometimes it just really sucks to be the only one
of something (AKA "token"). You end up being expected to somehow "represent"
for all of your group, and you are the only one calling out members of the
dominant group on their shit/assumptions/microagressions, and it can just be
exhausting. And I'm sure it's nowhere near so bad for me as a dyke in the SF
Bay Area as it is for an African American person in most of our communities.

Eris Weaver for Cotati City Council
eris4citycouncil [at] erisweaver.info    707-338-8589
https://www.facebook.com/ErisWeaver4CotatiCityCouncil
To make a campaign contribution:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=BJE9HV
H62V8Y2