Re: New diversity statement
From: Tiffany Lee Brown (magdalen23gmail.com)
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 15:44:43 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks for responding. From your personal perspective, would it be welcoming,
nice, or useful if a mostly white community specified something like, "Our
residents come from many backgrounds and ethnicities, but overall we are not as
diverse as the population of our city. We would love to change that and are
actively recruiting applicants in communities of color." Or is that ugly
tokenism?

Pardon my cluelessness... I'm pretty darned pasty white in all sorts of ways.

Crystal, thank you for taking the time to educate and share with people like
me. I really appreciate it.

Tiffany

Sent from the far shores of a distant land